Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights

One of the coolist books out there ( My Opinion). I was first introduced to this masterpiece when I was in high school in south Texas( 9 th grade). I had the BEST English teacher. She taught me sooo much in 1 year than all of those English teachers put together. Funny how somtimes things like that happen.


Ever since High school I have watched this movie around Christmas. Something about the wind howling and snow drifting. Very dark movie. My husband tolerates watching it.
The actors are at the their castle on the moors. They went there since they were children. What PASSION .
These pictures are from the old black and white movie. I have a copy of it .
I think I have 2 different copys of the book. They are different from the movie.

I love the Bronte sisters. Emily Bronte wrote Wuthering Heights in 1847. I think she was 30. She died the next year. This is her only book publication. She had 2 sisters and 1 brother. You might remember Charlotte Bronte she wrote Jane Eyre. Another Tragic LOVE story.
The famous end seen. I cryed the first time I saw it and every time since TRUE LOVE.


A lot of people don't like it because it IS so dark. But I have to admit I have a dark side. I always feel and see the pain of people.
I read alot of books. LOVE BOOKS.

No comments: