Saturday, October 4, 2008

Felted Bowl

Did you ever try and felt something??????

I love to felt wool yarn. This is a bowl that I did.
It is knitted in the round on No. 6 circular needles. Cast on 25 stitches. Knit 14 rounds. Knit along sides and start knitting in the round for 10 or 12 rounds. Next I added multicolored yarn 10 rounds. Increase 4 stitches then when your done with the color yarn decrease those 4 stitches. Knit 2 rounds. Decrease 2 stitches. Knit 2 rounds. Decrease 2 stitches. Find the # of stitches to make middle for holes. knit holes. then knit 6 rounds. all done.

Then you stick it in the washer with some old jeans and wash on hot water with a little bit of soap. I stuffed mine with plastic bags to make shape and let dry.



I grew up in the 70's and Holly Hobbie was a big collectors item back then. I still to this day LOVE Holly Hobbie. So here is a cute picture to brighten your day!!!

I still have some old ceramic Holly Hobbie figurines.

2 comments:

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

I so want to do this, but I am chicken to felt. I have a front loader, which would not make things easy.

Sherryknit said...

Front loader would make it difficult but I just felted some flowers I crocheted and I put them in the sink with hotttt water and a touch of soap and aggrivated the flowers in the water and it worked just fine. I think it is cool to felt. even though i am allergic to wool LOL